Sunday, March 13, 2011

Furniture, Furniture, Furniture

So on Thursday (pre-tsunami chaos) I decided to take it upon myself to rearrange our bedroom. Last weekend I rearranged the living room and it's wonderful! Now that I'm sewing a bunch I really don't have enough room for all my fabric and stuff so rearranging the bedroom to fit my "crafting needs" seemed like a great idea.
Our bed is MASSIVE. It's only a queen size bed but before we moved from DC a neighbor was selling a bedroom set for relatively cheap so we bought it. We were moving in a month so we never set it up until we got here. Had I known the massive size of this thing (it was all disassembled when we bought it) I wouldn't have bought this darn thing. It's just gigantic and it takes up half our bedroom. Because of that it's really hard to move furniture in our room. We have our bed, a computer desk, 4 full bookcases and other little tables. Way too much stuff.
I moved the bed and the tables around and created quite the mess. I actually ended up with less space! Plus I ended up with random end tables just stuck in the middle of the room because there was nowhere for them to go. Ugh! The hubby was pretty annoyed that I had taken this massive task upon myself. So we've been living in chaos for several days now.
Yesterday I began the arduous task of trying to rectify the situation. I spent all day trying to find places to stick stuff. Finally this morning I did it! I've successfully fit all the pieces together! My sewing stuff is neatly organized along the walls and the sewing machine as found a home! I'm ecstatic. But unfortunately I'm also exhausted. So much for getting some sewing done today!
Here's a couple pics of the new setup :)


1 comment:

  1. it looks really nice! I would love to get a sewing machine but Im afraid Ill break it or not use it enough...

    keep us posted.. are you guys all in the clear now?

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Comments are welcome and appreciated!