Friday, March 11, 2011

SOOOO tired...

Well we survived yet another anti-climactic tsunami warning. At 2 am we decided that it didn't sound like anything was going to happen worth evacuating for. We checked the evacuation maps and and it turns out we're technically right on the edge of the evac zone. So we hunkered down and just waited. At about 3:30 it sounded like there was a minor wave down in Waikiki and that was about it. After a few phone calls from worried friends and family I drifted off to sleep around 4 am only to be woken up at 6 by my alarm- if only I had thought to shut it off!!!
Needless to say, it's been an incredibly long day. I managed to get an hour nap this afternoon but I'm so incredibly exhausted at this point I actually feel weak and woozy. Thankfully the boys are tucked in for the night and I'm about 10 minutes from doing the same.
I'll write more later. But right now I'm too tired to really formulate thoughts much less type them...

1 comment:

  1. My friend Rachel just told me about your blog since I am also an Orthodox mom in Hawaii. I have a blog I write to encourage other moms although I only write sporadically. The site address is holoholomom.blogspot.com should you decide to take a look. I too was basically wiped out all day yesterday- but grateful that we didn't get too much damage in Hawaii as they did in Japan. I was thinking about St. Nicholas of Japan and how much he loved the people of Japan, and especially today on the 3rd Saturday of souls prayed for them and for the intercessions of St. Nicholas for the people of Japan.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Comments are welcome and appreciated!