Monday, March 21, 2011

TGIM

I can't believe I'm uttering that phrase. Thank God it's Monday. This weekend was just awful. I can sincerely say I wish we had gone straight from Friday evening to Monday morning. For real.

Basically everything that could possibly go wrong over the weekend did. But especially Saturday evening to Sunday.

Saturday night after having quite a bummer of a day Jacob and I decided to skip church for the evening and go out to eat and catch a movie instead. We only have a babysitter on Tuesdays and Saturdays so we rarely get to go out and do anything because we attend church those nights. Babysitter was of course late, we weren't ready to leave anyway, kids were going nuts as we were trying to leave the house- this should have been a sign... But we decided to pursue dinner and movie anyway.

The movie we wanted to see was at 7 so we didn't have much time to eat since we left late. So we decided to just grab a bite at a taco place we had a coupon for that is in the mall that the theater is in. We first bought our tickets and then scrambled down to the taco place. We spent nearly 20 minute in line waiting because the person in front of us was trying to use a weird coupon that the cashier didn't know how to enter into the computer. By the time we paid and got our food we sat down, inhaled it, and raced back to the theater. I insist on getting popcorn and soda, if I'm going to the movies I MUST have popcorn and soda! Of course the line we got in was the slowest. It took forever and by this point it was 7 o'clock. We get up to order and Jacob has lost his credit card!! Now the really impressive part about this is that he just got it. Literally. He activated it at about 5:30 before we left the house. But he had used it at the taco place so we knew he had it. So I paid cash for my snacks and Jacob raced down to the taco place to see if anyone found it. Which of course they hadn't. Because of all this we were stuck in the second row from the front of the theater. Popcorn was burnt tasting. Soda was flat. Just plain awful. And the movie wasn't that great either.

We never found Jacob's card. I think he must have thrown it in the trash when we cleaned up after eating. I remember the cashier handing it back to him wrapped in his receipt. No receipt anywhere, no card either. It's safe to assume they ended up together, in the trash. Jacob called the credit card company immediately and their computer system was down!! So at this point I'm freaking out at the off chance it fell on the floor and someone picked it up and was having a super Saturday night on our dime. Thankfully Sunday Jacob called and there was no other charges on it and they closed it and shipped him a new one.

I basically slept all day Sunday. I didn't feel up to doing anything. I just wanted to lay in bed and be sad. It's interesting how your body knows that there's something about a day even when your brain doesn't realize it. When I dragged myself out of bed and to the computer around 1 I realized it was the 20th. 5 months. I wonder if it will always be like this...

I tried to make myself a new pair of pj pants out of some fabric my mom sent me. Not only did my sewing machine straight break on me (I had to disassemble the whole darn thing and put it back together) but it screwed up sewing so many times. I spent more time ripping out seams then I did actually sewing. But it gets better. When cutting my seam excess I cut the pants not once, but twice. So after spending like 3 hours on a pair of pants that should have taken at most 45 minutes there are two huge holes in it. And then when I tried them on to see if it was even worth attempting to fix the holes I stuck my foot in one of the holes and made it even bigger! AHHHHH!! Needless to say, I ended up bawling on the floor having a complete meltdown.

I'd like to say that I woke up with this weekend behind me and ready to start fresh but that's just not the case. I wish this weekend had never happened! I'm off to cuddle up on the couch with Liam and try to forget about the dirty house I never got cleaned and the huge stack of laundry that I never finished this weekend. Here's hoping today is better...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Comments are welcome and appreciated!