Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Yesterday...

Well yesterday was the day, the day I fell off the wagon. It was basically complete chaos all day long and I definitely wallowed in my self-inflicted pity party.


We had Jack's intake meeting with the new tutoring company and it went really well- just as I suspected. I can't wait to get his program up and running! Assessments Monday and then we're just waiting on the insurance company :)


But that was the only high point of my day. Being that we had our meeting yesterday my entire schedule was thrown off. It's funny how I focus so much on keeping things routine and the same every day for Jack's sake- in all truth it's probably more for me! I get so crabby when things aren't the way they are everyday. I get stressed out and arguably neurotic. Not good. And I'm the only one who really seems to care that the schedule's different. Most certainly one of my own issues I need to work on. Life isn't perfect, it will never be predictable, stability is a gift- but certainly not a given. 


After the meeting I proceeded to inhale some incredibly unhealthy food (pretty much been eating deep fried food since we received a deep fryer for Christmas!) and tried to relax and regroup. Of course that didn't happen, Liam's starting to get a cold and was REFUSING to nap. We argued back and forth for nearly and hour and a half before I finally just gave up on nap time. In all that time I neglected to do my bible reading for the day- hence falling off the wagon. Which probably played a huge part in my overall mood. 


Once Jack got home the chaos continued. Liam dumped out my full giant can of redbull (a.k.a. my lifeline) all over the table, the floor, the rug, and their new tent. He attempted to help me clean it but of course that didn't work out so well and pretty much just spread the redbull even more. I proceeded to get out our little carpet cleaner and what do you know? It no longer works. So I scrubbed. And scrubbed. UGH! Shortly after that I layed down on the couch and Jack proceeded to pee his pants- and all over the other rug! I was already way beyond my breaking point and just cried as I scrubbed the floor for a second time in a half hour. Both kids were crabby. I was crabby. 


We were scheduled to go over to our Priest's house for dinner last night. Which was the absolute LAST thing I felt like doing. I grumbled and put on my best angry face the entire drive over. I am however polite enough to push my crabbiness down while in the company of others but by the time we left (nearly SIX HOURS LATER) I was well beyond my limit. It was 11 pm, way past my bedtime, and I was DONE. We drove home in silence after I snapped at Jacob about how he seriously needs to work on his ability to shut the heck up. My head was pounding. I was exhausted. So when I got home I curled up in bed and went to sleep- still not completing my bible reading for the day.


It was inevitable- eventually I'd fall off the bandwagon! I wish yesterday didn't suck so darn bad! Needless to say, I will be doubling up this afternoon and doing yesterday and today's readings at lunch... Hopefully... 

2 comments:

  1. Each new day brings with it opportunites to love, grow, share, forgive, and be forgiven. We all fall off the wagon - every day. Here's to a new day to try again, and a Lord who will be waiting to catch us when we fall.

    *Loves*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im the same way with a routine. I like to know what my day has a head of me even if its just the little things like lunch nap and bed times and routines during that time.

    Well that day is over with and now its time to start fresh.

    I need to start reading more =S

    <3

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Comments are welcome and appreciated!