Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Meal Plans!

Ok so here it is! This is Week #1 of my meal planning. There's still a lot of tweaking to do as we begin to adhere to the Orthodox Fasts but we'll get there. That little owl up in the corner I drew all by myself! I'm pretty proud of her... she's goofy and fat, just the way an owl should be! I have a huge obsession with owls- especially silly fat ones :) The bible verse up in the right corner was a later addition. I had the extra space up there and wasn't sure what to do. When I stumbled upon that verse I thought it would be perfect! I absolutely believe that food and nutrition play a role in a person's life far beyond just their weight. God gave us food to eat, fruits, grains, veggies, all that good stuff. So often I find myself consuming very little of what God gave me- rather I eat a lot of processed "man-made" foods. Not good! It was amazing how much better everyone felt eating a more "natural" diet. You'll notice a lot of smoothies on the menu- they are SO easy and you can make so many different kinds! It's been a great way to sneak lots of good nutrients into the kiddos.
I'm also making pre-made grocery lists. This one isn't filled out yet (obviously) but I'm going to *hopefully* get to it in the next few days. It'll be so nice to have everything laid out!! Grocery shopping is my absolute LEAST favorite kind of shopping, so this should make it a little bit more bearable. 

So that's my most recent "organization" project. Still a work in progress, but we're getting there :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Comments are welcome and appreciated!